HOW DO I USE MY MIRACULOUS MALA?
I recommend wearing your mala as much as possible for the first couple of days you have it so that you can get acquainted with its energy.
Your Miraculous Mala carries the energetic qualities of the specific crystals, seeds, and woods that were chosen for you, combined with the mantra or affirmation that was tied into each knot.
When we surround ourselves with a chosen energy, we attract more of that energy to ourselves and in turn elevate our own vibration.
Using your Miraculous Mala for meditation
Malas are most commonly used to support japa (or mantra) meditation, which is a practice that involves the repetition of a mantra, prayer, or affirmation as a means of getting the mind to a meditative state. When you practice this type of meditation, the mantra or affirmation can be repeated aloud, whispered softly, or recited internally.
Each knot of every Miraculous Mala is infused with a mantra or affirmation that was specifically chosen for the recipient to support their particular intention(s). This mantra or affirmation is included on the product card included with each Miraculous Mala. I encourage you to begin your japa meditation practice using your mala and this mantra or affirmation.
Here are a few simple steps that will help with your practice:
1. Familiarize yourself with your mantra so you don't have to read it during your practice;
2. Find a quiet place and a comfortable seat (a chair is fine, you don't have to sit on the floor);
3. Holding onto the large bead just above your tassel (known as the guru bead), take a few deep breaths and think about your intention for your session. Close your eyes if it feels comfortable to do so (if it does not, just relax your eyelids and allow your eyes to remain slightly open) and settle into your seat;
4. Drape one strand of your mala between your middle and pointer finger holding the beads in place with your thumb;
5. If possible bring the hand holding the mala up in front of your heart or your third eye center (middle of your forehead). If that is not comfortable, allow the hand to rest in your lap;
6. Starting at the first bead above the guru bead begin chanting your mantra and with each repetition, move one bead toward you using your thumb;
7. Keep chanting and moving down the strand one bead at a time until you reach the other side of the guru. At this point you have you have completed 108 repetitions;
8. If you want to keep going, don't cross over the guru bead, instead go back around the strand in the other direction.
Give this practice a try for 40 days, and take note of what you can observe about yourself, your mind state, and your energy. I'd love to hear about your experience!
If at any time you need support with your meditation practice, feel free to reach out to me at